Saturday, July 26, 2014

Steiger kids

I cannot believe I am halfway through my time here in Germany! I feel as though things have just begun and I'm finally getting in a groove. It has taken much energy to keep the kids engaged morning and night. I have a variety of ages and languages I am working with. Fortunately, I have one translator but I wish I had more! I am getting a lot of use out of my Spanish though! I work with one girl from Belarus and one from Poland. They are so sweet and have been such a help to me. The children are learning all sorts of new games, English phrases and worship songs:) in the midst of all this I have Asher( my girlfriend's son who I am nannying) with me. He is my little sidekick and he is doing a great job of training me for what motherhood is going to be like lol. I really love the kids I am working with and despite the language barrier at times or the stress, we have all become really connected! I am going to miss them when the summer is over.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful opportunity to share your love with these children. The little ones are blessed to be with you no matter where you are in the world. Take care, Beth.

    ReplyDelete