Sunday, June 29, 2014

Greetins from Germany! I am getting to do some really great things here in Germany but it also has been a humbling experience as well ( missionary preparation lol) cold showers... Lack of internet... No control of schedule, Ect. On weekends we do outreach in Dresden. We spend most of the day there walking the streets and hanging in the park building relationships. We then invite these people to a cafe which had been donated for our use. Yesterday was the first day we opened the cafe to customers. We got there early in the day and started decorating and setting up. We sold different food and drink items. My restaurant serving and managing experience came in very handy! It was quite interesting working and trying to organize everything with people who spoke all different languages! We had quite a good turnout. The cafe is on a very busy street and so the music really drew everyone in. We finished the time of music by inviting the people to a Bible study that we shared immediately after. Some people stayed around and listened. We are excited to see how God is going to use us! Children's ministry is going pretty well. It has been quite tiring since it feels like I am with kids all the time:) I am getting a chance to practice my Spanish a lot and I am going to start studying Portuguese! (They are many Brazilians at the school) I have been able to make some wonderful friends and God is really using this experience to stretch me. Thank you for all your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment