Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wrapping the year up...


I finished off my first year as a preschool teacher a few weeks back. What a growing year for me! I went into this past year completely confident that I could handle a classroom of four and five year olds and...well let's just say, they gave me a run for my money! So many nights of feeling completely exhausted with no more ability to add emotion or enthusiasm to anything I did. Working with preschoolers is quite demanding! I admire those who persevere year after year. I will definitely miss all of my students. I fell in love with each and every one of them. Somehow, someway, even the most difficult of my students managed to steal a piece of my heart:)

I will not be returning to North Heights next year. God has actually called me on to a new position. I will be moving to Mexico City in the fall. I am thrilled for this next phase of my life to begin! I did not think I would be able to return to Mexico this soon. My plan was to work at North Heights a couple more years, save money, pay off student debt, ect. When I was asked to sign for next year, something in me couldn't. I spent a few months praying about it and God told me it was time for me to go back to Mexico! The past few months I have been seeking where God would have me. In the most amazing way, God has opened up the door for me to teach at a bilingual preschool. It is a beautiful school and has potential of turning into an elementary school. I am exited to think that I might be a part of growing and developing Sunrise HIlls.
This is going to a big transition for me since I am still learning the language and I will not know anyone where I am going. I am looking forward to being in one of the largest cities in the world and being immersed in the hispanic culture. Once I get down there I will keep my blog updated with pictures and info!!

Where I will be teaching: http://sunrisehills.jimdo.com/

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about this opportunity for you! God will do amazing things there because of your sweet heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's blessings on your new life. There will be definite sacrifices but there will be unexpected added benefits. God loves to do that because He works all things together for our best

    ReplyDelete